Friday, October 30, 2009

kitchen exhaust hoods

One of the most essential, important and functional piece of equipment in kitchen today is the Cooker hood. A cooker hood or an exhaust hood or range hood collects the steam, vapors and smoke that are.Restaurant Kitchen Exhaust Hood Cleaning Companies. These kitchen exhaust cleaning companies have taken the Grease Police oath to clean every restaurant they service to current NFPA 96 standards and take photos of their work and make ...Under The Cabinet Range Hoods are installed over the stove but unlike wall mounted hoods this type of kitchen exhaust fan system conceals the duct because it is hidden by the cabinets. Utility Exhaust Fans are a great alternative to ...Amazon.com: Stanley 28-593 7" Carded Window Scraper: Home Improvement Amazon.com: Stanley 28-593 7" Carded Window Scraper: Home Improvement.A cooker hood is piece of an equipment which is used in kitchens and performs the functions of pulling out the smoke, fumes and odor etc, which are generated in the kitchen during the cooking process. ... The performance of the exhaust suction fan speed of the cooker hood will depend a lot on how well the entire designing has been done. Different types of fans are available with their own effective uses and these can be installed in the cooker hoods. ...Ventless kitchen exhaust hoods are a viable option for commercial kitchens operating in spaces where there is no outside access to run ducts.DENVER, CO, July 30, 2009 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Nationwide Fire Protection Corp., an affiliate ...We'll service your Ansul fire system; fire extinguishers and fire-suppression system. We provide complete installation and hood cleaning for your commercial kitchen range vent and exhaust hoods and standard restaurant hoods.Heartland offers this minimalist kitchen exhaust hood to match its modern range cooker. The high powered, sleek exhaust hood adds functionality and style to your kitchen. It comes with a 4-speed adjustable fan allowing you to select the ...Ed Bryan has been in the restaurant kitchen exhaust hood cleaning business since 1977. His Los Angeles Hood Cleaning Company, Bryan Exhaust Service, is widely know as one of the top restaurant kitchen exhaust hood cleaning companies in ...Additionally, our services will satisfy insurance company requirements for periodic cleaning of the kitchen exhaust system&ventilation hoods, insuring you, your employees and your customers a safe kitchen. ...
I have an over the range hood microwave. We are doing a kitchen remodel and are adding a hood over the stove. We are going to have a built in microwave. Can I use the existing hood microwave as a built in instead? Do we disconnect the light and the exhaust fan and use it as a built in?


I am re-doing the kitchen and want to save space by getting an OTR microwave. Currently i do not have an exhaust for the range hood, so it just blows the air around ... useless! The question is if i get an OTR should i get the one with a charcoal filter so i don't have to drill a whole in my wall or should i get a regular one and create the exhaust?


I plan on moving soon. The kitchen is very charming, probably eclectic. It is L-shaped with appliances furnished. The refrigerator is like-new. The stove is vintage from the 1960s ( a 36"). A hood and exhaust system are also included. What impressed me most was the walk-in pantry, complete with shelves. The pantry also has a small casement window. The floors are black and cream tile. The kitchen walls are painted a light yellow, which I don' t care for. The pantry walls are white.


I am probably going to be remodeling my kitchen soon and would like to place my gas range within my island. I have seen pictures of this with no fan or hood above the stove. Do you necessarily need an exhaust fan above your stove?


okay only one more after this but please check my page for part 1-4.
please read the whole thing and comment! (p.s. please dont steal anything)

Chapter 4

The next hour and a half passed by quickly. It turned out that my wrist wasna��t broken, but badly sprained. I felt myself wince as the doctor fastened a brace around it, but didna��t feel a thing. I had yet to get my head around the fact that Tanner was a bad guy. My mom pulled up the drive in our white pickup truck. I got out of the car and ran straight inside before running upstairs, leaving tracks of mud from my shoes behind me.
I went into the bathroom and ripped off my clothes, still damp from my swim with Tanner, I grimaced just thinking of him. I climbed into the shower and turned on the water as cold as it could go. The water began to come out of the showerhead and shivered as it ran down my face. It was a desperate attempt to wake myself up from this nightmare I was beginning to live. He had seemed so nice, so normal, so genuine, and soa�� sweet. I failed at holding back a smile. I stood there for about another 10 minutes before finally dragging myself out. I wrapped a towel around myself before turning out the light and walking out into my room. I walked over to the window and closed the curtains. I dropped my towel and threw on a oversized t-shirt. I walked over to my bed, fell in, buried my head in the pillow and wrapped myself in my comforter. It was a mere 4 oa��clock and I was exhausted from all the news that had been piled on my shoulders. I fell asleep quietly and quickly, listening to clicking hooves of the horses in the pasture.
I woke up slowly, beginning with opening my eyes, ending with a quick glance at the clock. It was 5 oa��clock in the morning, a result of my exhaustion and early night. I lay there for several minutes before realizing that I had a lot of work to do this morning. I shot upright, climbed out and pranced over to my dresser. I climbed into jeans and a hooded sweatshirt.
Running down the stairs, I went through everything that was haunting me. I needed to find out the truth from Tanner. The real truth.
I walked into the kitchen and turned on the overhead light. Squinting at the bright lights, I walked over the panty and grabbed a box of cereal. Too tired to get a bowl, I slumped down at the table. Every so often I would stick my hand in the box and chew on a dry handful on cereal. When I finished, I left the box on the table, stuffing my feet in my cowboy boots and silently crept outside.
I walked down the steps of our front porch. Something rustled in the bushes. I kept my arms tightly at my side, walking slightly more quickly. The unmistakable sound of footsteps immediately followed the rustling. I looked quickly behind me, there was no one there.
Then began to jog, then run, then sprint, my destination the barn. I allowed myself one more glance over my shoulder as I ran. I ran straight into something soft, but strong. I screamed, the arms of someone larger than me caught me before I fell down. I turned around, facing the person, and caught my mouth with both hands before I could scream again.
Tanner stood there a frown on his face; he looked quite eerie in the dawn light.
a�?Are you alright?a�? He asked looking me up and down.
a�?I- Ia��m fine.a�? I stuttered, turning to walk around him. a�?I have to go.a�? I was still being haunted by the thought of Tanner killing his own father. He really just didna��t seem like that kind of guy. His grip didna��t loosen on my arms, forcing me to struggle even more.
a�?What is wrong with you? What did I do?a�? He asked; his voice filled with genuine innocence. A million thoughts raced through my head before I finally gained enough courage to ask what had been on my mind all night long.
a�?What happened to your dad?a�? I stated firmly, looking straight into his eyes. He sighed, looking at the ground.
a�?Your parents told you something, didna��t they?a�? He asked.
a�?Yea, on the way to the hospital, my mom said that there werea�� rumors going around about what had happened to your father.a�? I looked down, as well, embarrassed by my confrontation.


My wife and I are re-doing the kitchen, and we bought an over-the-range microwave to replace our old exhaust fan/light combo.

The old hood was hard wired into the house's AC system, and the new microwave requires a plug.

I could install a box on the existing wire no problem, but while playing the "breaker game" (you know, where your wife stands in the kitchen, and you flip breakers until the correct light goes off) I noticed that it's on the same circuit as the living room lights, TV, dining room, stereo, etc. - so it's a lot of things on a circuit already to be adding to.

I've been in the attic, and the area where the new plug would be is fairly easily accessible (no tearing out drywall) and it's about a 30 foot run to the circuit breaker box in the garage, through the attic.

I'm a former mechanic and PC technician, and I have a lot of tools - so i'm not scared of DIY - but i'll be honest when I say that the circuit breaker box scares the crap out of me.

I'd like to hear from anyone in the industry, what a professional electrician might charge to run the wire, and install an outlet box. I know there are 100 things i'm not taking into account, but a ballpark figure is all i'm after. I want to know, when they quote me, if i'm being screwed or not.

I live in the Atlanta area.

Thanks!


I bought an Allure III range hood from Broan.
I am assembling and intalling a new Ikea Kitchen and want to install this range hood at the same time.

I will not use the exhaust option of this rangehood.
My question is:
We've created a hole and ran electicity so that we can connect the range hood.
Now I am planning to screw the range hood to the bottom of the 18 by 30 cabinet.
If I do this it would be quite cumbersome to connect the wires from the hole - with those inside the hood.

More importantly how do I close the hole so that the only thing coming out would be the wire. I have to leave a little room 1/2 inch on both sides of the wire to be able to maneuver the range hood along with the cabinet so that I could align it with the stove. But I would like to close that half inch so that there is no hole in the wall, even though it would be completely covered by the hood.

Thank you


My kitchen Range Hood, (Kenmore 233.52349590) with about 300 CFM pulling power, from the fan to outside room, with full power, there is only about 20 to 30 degree for the lid of the window to open up. I complained to builder of my house, I was told that was the biggest they can put in.

What size of the exhaust should I have
1) Since my kitchen connects to my large living room and sunroom, total open area ~800 square feet.
2) From the hoot to out side, total ~15 feet with two 90 degree angles with 4 inches duct. Each stage should have some power reduction.

Can I put an external exhaust fan as assistance? since
1) I dona��t need to take part my kitchen
2) Noise in the room is reduced since the external fan is in outside my room.

Is any limitation for installing the second fan?
1) If I need 1000 CFM total, if the first one is 300 CFM, can I put the second one with 700 CFM?
2) In this case, does the first one become resistance of the second one? I would not get 1000 CFM pulling force.

Do I have other choise and option?
If I want to hire contractor, who should I call?


Hello guys,

we are planning to buy a house very very soon, in fact we have already chosen the one we want. But it obviously has some issues. One of them...is that there is no range hood.

No exhaust for the kitchen area, except a window on the right. But us being brown people and all, our cooking is very strong in spices and what not and a lot of frying, so we NEED a range hood.

Here's the problem. The ceiling is very high, there is no wall where the stove is located, so we can't install a wall mount one. We have to go for the island mount. But the ceiling is high...I am not sur exactly how high, but much higher than usual. So I wanted to know what kind of cost am I looking at to INSTALL a range hood? there are no ducts running or anything.

My parents thought maybe it will be cheaper to go for a Range Hood that just recirculates the air instead of acting as an exhaust.

Can you guys recommend what brands we should go for and what kind of price we are looking at?

Thanks


Hello guys,

we are planning to buy a house very very soon, in fact we have already chosen the one we want. But it obviously has some issues. One of them...is that there is no range hood.

No exhaust for the kitchen area, except a window on the right. our cooking is very strong in spices and what not and a lot of frying, so we NEED a range hood.

Here's the problem. The ceiling is very high, there is no wall where the stove is located, so we can't install a wall mount one. We have to go for the island mount. But the ceiling is high...I am not sur exactly how high, but much higher than usual. So I wanted to know what kind of cost am I looking at to INSTALL a range hood? there are no ducts running or anything.

My parents thought maybe it will be cheaper to go for a Range Hood that just recirculates the air instead of acting as an exhaust.

Can you guys recommend what brands we should go for and what kind of price we are looking at?

Thanks


We purchased a new Jenn Air stove that has an exhaust fan in the middle of the cooktop (island stove, no hood). I'm noticing a horrible odor in my kitchen and it's coming from the fan! I took out the filter and washed it, and washed out the inside of the cavity in the stove, but it still stinks. Anyone had this issue???


My kitchen (range hood) exhaust fan is connected to an outlet on the wall outside the house. The outlet is pretty big (7 inch x 7 inch) and open all the time. How can I cover the outlet to preserve the cool (or warm) air inside the house when the exhaust fan is idle, while still allow it to open when the fan is working? Is there any thing I can install such that the outlet is opened only when the fan is working?


Hi,
I want to take off the wall between my family room and kitchen to make it open concept. But we have fridge and stove there. so there must be electric wiring and duct for hood exhaust in that wall. can we do that? how much will it cost roughly?
thanks





When ever i cook, i turn on the range hood and it exhausts outside of my house. But when i cook sometimes my dryer smells like the food a little. Is it because the exhaust for the range hood and the dryer are on the same side of the house. They are far apart from each other.
I think that they are too far apart to be connected for venting.
There is a thing covering the exhaust for the dryer, not a flap but a metal thing that is pushed down so no bugs can get in, like birds, but enough space for heat from the dryer to get out.





Hi, we bought a HOTPOINT hood and, although we ordered one that doesnt require external exhaustion (ie making a hole in the kitchen wall to reach the outside) and as I read the instructions on the booklet, I understood that you can choose the type of the suction version you want. It gives me alternatives such as " suction version", " filter version" " external exhausting version" ! What is the difference between them all and could i choose to have the ones that does not require a hole in the wall ( ie external version) and still get it fixed soon?
Its important as now it's been sitting sealed and boxed up, in my living room floor, for the last month. Thank you so much
thank you for these answers. I feel a bit better now.
So i dont need to compulsory make a hole in the wall, choosing the filter option! Right?
" who"
I have no idea who can fit these. A plumber, electrician or builder?


It is a three story 4 bed room kitchen.The kitchen exhaust hood is provided at the burner top . if any one can provide with a calculation sample , i will be thankful. please reply at your earliest


We live in an aprtment and the hood above our stove does not have an outdoor exhaust. Should it? Everytime we cook it just seems like the hood is just filtering the grease-laden air back into the kitchen.



I am replacing the old hood vent with an over the range microwave which will have a charcoal filter and will recycle the air back into the kitchen. Removing the air duct to the outside will gain some much needed cupboard space. The remodelling job includes new drywall so from the inside, it will be covered over completely. Externally, I was worried about the wasp issue and how to avoid the drafts. I don't have any matching brick so I think I'll leave the external metal vent but will block up the opening as prescribed. Thanks for the input.


hello, I noticed that the outside exhaust vent for the kitchen hood has lost its plastic flaps. I need to replace them but i don't know how or where to get them. Are these vents all the same size? can I just replace the plastic flaps or do i have to change the whole cover. Any info would be great!


Regarding my 1986 Ford Bronco II 2.9L. STILL!! Have replaced computer-exhaust system-IAC-TPS-Distributor w/TFI modue, cap and rotor-ignition coil-plugs-air temp sensor- basically everything but the kitchen sink. It still hesitates - bucks - jerks - runs rough - stalls - pings - backfires- weird idle (up and down) sounds like I'm slightly revving engine, but I'm not touching accelerator. I'm at a total loss. I've been researching fuel pressure and fuel pump problems. Have not had this tested yet. Also, where are the fuel filters in this vehicle and is it a big $$$$ job to have them checked and cleaned (if in fact that is the problem)? Am planning on replacing the oxygen sensor as soon as I get the ridiculous $15.00 tool to pull out the old one. Can anyone out there help me figure this train wreck out? I took it to Sacramento (110 miles one way - hoping to reset - NOPE ) - On freeway it feels under stress/or over loaded (?) and hiccups every few seconds-popping under hood - Help


My new town home is almost ready and I doscovered that my home doesnot have kitchen exhaust vent system which can throw kitchen air out of the building. It was not in the model too so I can not ask the builder to add it (My fault that I did not notice at first). My family love to cook a lot. We cook in asian style. Now I am worried about getting rooms stinky and getting fire alarm alarm every moment when oil is heated on pan and wall and ceiling getting covered with oil vapor. What is the solution. I think the exhaust hoods only circulate air inside the kitachen and traps oil vapor.
. End Unit,
Gas Range
The builder has already build drywalls
The base is concrete


i want to remove the exhaust fan that is above my stove and replace it with an over the range microwave but when i took the exhaus fan down there are all these wires from the wall i dunno what to do please help


I am thinking to install a powerfull exhaust hood(KitchenAid KWCU205 30 in Range Hood) in my kitchen. Can any one please let me know whether it works or not or any suggestion? Thanks in advance.


Are is making funny noises and dying. The hood is labeled with the brand Nautilus. But I'm not sure how to tell what the model is. This range is over 10 years old, so not sure what the match it up with a replacement model.

It looks fairly straightforward to replace, but any tips in that area would be great!


to all restaurants
i clean side walks too
?how can i get customers


just started my own business cleaning vent-hoods, I've been cleaning them for about 12 years. So the labor is nothing new to me, It's the business side of it that trickey. I have a few accounts now but I don't know when they are suppose to pay. I would think when that account pays it bills for that month. Can anyone tell me when they are going to pay. And last how can I land the really big account. I've submitted a lot of proposals to quit a few corp offices. along with my insurance info. Is it just a matter of waiting, or do i need to call them and bug the hell out of them. Any help would be great! thanks.


I own a 2-story town house which connect with other unit on both side. The kitche has a unvented hood, I like to install exhaust duct to exhaust the air to outdoor. The kitchen is in the front part of the house conncected with the garage. On top of the kitchen on the 2nd floor is the utility room and bath room. Does the duct has to go through the roof? or can I connect the duct to the existing dryer duct or heating duct? What will be the best and most economy way to do this?


We are beginning construction on a restaurant, and the HVAC exhaust hood quote seems high. As in, more than I made last year high. I would like an educated guess from others out there about how much this should cost us. Here are our mechanical specs for the system per our architect and engineer:

Hood must be 115" long x 51" wide x 24" high UL listed type 1 exhaust hood with rear supply, incandesent lights, fire suppression, and controlls for lights and fan.

A makeup duct must be routed from the first floor restaurant through a second floor space and to a rooftop fan. The exaust duct will also go through the roof to a separate rooftop fan. The exhaust duct is described in our plans as being 16/14 welded steel grease exhaust duct wrapped with flameshield insulation. We don't have an accurate length of ductwork, but it is at least 40 feet per duct (both floors have very high ceilings).

A mechanical gas shut-off valve must be interlocked with hood suppression system.


I'm wondering if you need an exhaust hood/fan with a gas range. Were switching from electric to gas and in our kitchen we don't have room to have an overhead exhaust hood/fan. Our electric stove has a fan built into the top of the stove. I have heard that the same setup for gas is not all that great. Do I really need to have one?

No comments:

Post a Comment