Friday, October 30, 2009

22 caliber handguns

There are responsible gun owners, and then there's Sean Jerguson, a Republican state senator representative in Georgia who bought his four-year-old daughter her own .22 caliber gun for her birthday. ... Handing a handgun to a four-year-old is not it. Children at that age are impulsive. They are testing their limits. It's not a child-to-child maturity level issue; at four it's still a developmental capability issue. Consider this statistic: on average, three kids died ...Sean Jerguson a�� a real live elected official soaked in the gun lobby's Kool-Aid a�� actually boasted of purchasing a pink .22-caliber pistol for his 4-year old daughter, according to reports. But what about his son, you ask? Not to worry. ...Deguair's lawyer, Neal Kugiya, said in his opening statement that Teo is the real killer of Duckworth, 24, who was shot in the back of the head with a silenced .22-caliber pistol and thrown off a Leeward Coast cliff March 27, 2008. But Teo denied those allegations, telling the jury that he watched from a parked car and saw Deguair fire the handgun point-blank into Duckworth's head, then simultaneously push and kick the body over the cliff at Ka'ena Point. ...Basically, the Army wants a handgun that can be both modular in caliber, barrel length and grip size. "Not only in the form, fit function of the weapon, but in the caliber," Tamilio said. That seems like a tough requirement to achieve. .... It was not that the Air Force drop the ball, it was because the AF Security Forces center was told they were competeing with other Air Force weapon systems like the F-22 and F-35. It was no win situation and the SF center passed it to ...The men continued with their work and told police that Benak showed up a second time, this time armed with a .22 caliber handgun. Police say Benak shot Ted after the two men observed Benak standing at the end of his driveway. ...You also must qualified in gold shooting several good series where a instructor can apply the shooting score, after that you can apply for a caliber 22 weapon / pistol or revolver but in caliber 22. After 2 years with this 22 cal, ...All Ruger 22/45's (including Hunter) have the same grip shape, feel, and familiarity of the famous 1911 .45 caliber pistol. The perfect low-cost trainer, it is ideal as a low-cost pistol, allows for quiet practice, and provides shooters ...According to the police report, a .22-caliber automatic pistol was located under the front passenger seat where Fields was sitting and it was determined that he was in possession of the handgun. LPD Cpl. Chad E. Crynes reported Fields ...Police were dispatched at 3:22 a.m., said Police Chief Dave Donegan. Police recovered a .22-caliber handgun from the room the man had rented. The man was transported to Jamestown Hospital and later to Fargo for surgery. ...Beretta Model 950 EL, Long Barrel, 22 Caliber Short Semi Auto Pistol. This handgun is becoming rare. It should be treated as a collectors item. Posted by The Daily Gun Picture at 10/09/2009. Labels: Antique Collectible Firearms, Handgun ...

I already have a larger caliber handgun, unfortunately due to its weight and size i am more inclined towards carrying my .22 caliber handgun all the time....i am also more accurate with it and feel more comfortable.....


I have used revolvers more than semi-automatics and I like both. My dad prefers revolvers because he says they require less maintenance. I feel that if someone were to break in my house, a semi-automatic would be easier to load. If I got a revolver, what caliber should I get? I was thinking a 22 because the 38's bullets are more expensive.


I am in the midst of figuring out what handgun I would like to purchase. I have applied for my CWP but have no weapon of my own. I'd prefer an semi-auto because most of them are lighter than revolvers and smaller. I wanted a .380 but I cannot find ammo for it. I have my dad's .25--can't find ammo for that. All I can find is 9mm and .38 cal ammo. The man at the gunshop told me that that is all I will probably find because those calibers are the most popular, thus the manufacturers spend the most time making those calibers. Does anybody know how true that is? And does anybody know if .22 longs are easily attainable? I don't want to get a gun and not be able to find ammo....I'd like a baby Glock but that's really over my budget. I just want something small, reliable, and with decent power...


Does anyone know of a way to determine what the largest caliber of handgun that I can safely use is, by safely use, I mean that I can manage to prevent the handgun from hitting me in the face, or having the handgun flying out of my hands. My second question is if anyone knows any techniques for managing handgun kick, I once used a remington 870, and it felt like a .22 caliber rifle, but I want to know how to best handle a handgun.
OK, I know I can hold an S&W model 500, but is there a guideline so I don't attempt to shoot something to large? I have plenty of experience with rifles and shotguns, but don't want to end up like the lady on youtube hitting herself in the head with a desert eagle.
I never mentioned my use, and I don't want recommendations


I'm looking for a good "last resort" handgun. I considered a derringer for a while, but I was poking around at .22 rifles and thought it might be a fun project to take a very inexpensive .22 rifle, shorten the barrel, and cut down the stock to a pistol size. I know that shortening a shotgun barrel is illegal, but they make many handguns in .22, and since it's such a small caliber... Is there any way to legally cut down a rifle in such a way?
This isn't a debate on the uses of a .22 caliber firearm. If a .22 COMPLETELY NEEDS 16" to stabilize, then there's an awful lot of useless handguns out there in said caliber. My question is about legality and safety.
Oh, AI, "a bit of growing up?" It was a legitimate question that merited a legitimate answer. There's no need for senseless, rude, obnoxious comments. Who really needs to grow up in this situation?


22 caliber handgun


They always try to rhyme "9" or "22" in their songs with other words, but do they realize how minimum the stopping power on those two calibers are? They should stick to .40 S&W or .45 ACP on their handguns.

Also, do gangstas realize how dangerous sticking guns in their pants is? Why not by a belt and a cheap holster at least? Haven't they seen 8 Mile or heard what Plaxico Burres did?
Jeez Missy, it was a joke. I asked a similar joke question talking exclusively about holsters a few months back.
@representin: .223 & 5.56 are exactly the same size. The only difference is the metal used. And the US isn't going to replace the 5.56 with the 7.62 anytime soon. 5.56 is too accurate, and most assault weapons with a 7.62 is inaccurate and heavy and has terrible recoil issues.

Thanks for the serious answer though. Didn't think I'd get one in here. lol


I've only shot one pistol before- a .22.. other than that, don't know much about the pistol. And I know there's a lot of questions asking 'what is the best' and stuff like that and I always thought I'd never ask one of those.. but I am now haha.

Once I'm old enough, I want to get a concealed permit, but other than that I don't know which way to go. I've shot all sorts of calibers and gauges, but I know the recoil is different with handguns than it is with long guns and each person handles recoil differently. With me being on the smaller side, I'm not sure how easily I can find a gun that will fit my hands. (I'm only 5'1)

What would some good guns to look into? For shooting at the range and for protection?

Thanks in advance yall.
I've always liked the look of a revolver.. I like the detail in some of them. If I'm gonna be gettin a gun, it's gotta be a work of art too.. yea.. I know I'm pickey sometimes haha


On the morning of February 12, 2008, McInerney was witnessed repeatedly looking at King during a class in a computer laboratory. At about 8:15 a.m local time, McInerney shot King twice in the head using a .22-caliber revolver he took from his backpack. Following the shooting, McInerney tossed the handgun on the floor and left the classroom. He was apprehended by police about seven minutes later a few blocks away from the school campus.
King was transported to St. John's Regional Medical Center where he was listed in serious condition. He was declared brain dead on February 13 but was kept on life support for two days so that his organs could be donated.
Since McInerney has refused to speak to investigators, the motive for the shooting remains unclear. According to Police Chief John Crombach, "It's pretty clear our suspect was focused on his victim and what he planned to do". In July 2008, Newsweek reported that a day or two before the shooting King asked McInerney to be his Valentine in front of McInerney's friends. When McInerney endured teasing because of the incident, he told one of King's friends to say goodbye "because she would never see [King] again".

this is wrong on so many levels. the intolerance of homosexuals instilled upon a young child lead him to murder another child.
oh corky...i feel bad for you...
again corky

i feel bad for you


tell me all dimensions of .22 caliber bullet normally using in india for single shop handgun (pistol)?
that is length and dia.of casing for bullet, weight of bullet, etc.
plz tell me about bullets available in india only.

if possible send me websites of manufacturers in india


Hi, I'm writing a story, which involves a murder. However, I know next to nought about guns.

So-- could a .22 caliber (would I need to specify that it's a handgun as opposed to a rifle?) pierce the human skull at point blank?
I see, thank you everyone for the quick reply.
Thank you again for all your answers. To add detail, the murderer knows not much about guns, in fact, she just finds one to carry out an emotional revenge.

Currently, I have,
"She played the barrel's end of the .22 caliber (or "handgun", not sure which word to use), on his head.

That is the only reference to the gun in the story.


I have countless firearms, rifles, shotguns, handguns in both revolver and semi, rimfires, and 2 muzzle loaders. All that above was to keep the gunpowder nazis at bay. Now that that is out of the way.
I'd like to spend no more than $650 US dollars for a 22 caliber air rifle, I'd prefer a single pump pneumatic. I have literally no experience with high end air rifles and would appreciate any advice, tips, hints and links you may have. Any particular makes I should avoid and any particular makes I should pay special attention to, Thanks.


I know today the trend is toweds ballistic charts and large bores, so I expect that, still mine are
Handguns:
1 45 acp target & personal defense
2 9mm target & personal defense
3 22 lr / magnum recreational shooting

Rifles
1 7.62 x 39 mm deer hunting and varmints.
2 22 lr / Magnum for varmints and recreational shooting
3 12 gauge and .410 bore for multi purpose shotguns.

I am thinking of trying out the 327 Federal Magnum so I can use my supply of 32 S & W long for trail gun purposes. Besides I need another revolver, but I haven't ruled out the 357 magnum/ 38 special either. Any suggestions in regards to the brand I should look at?
Towards not toweds ha sorry


I am looking for all around information on the .22 caliber (whether it be be rifle or handgun), information on ammo,damage,noise,recoil,price,history,reliability,licences etc. Thanks


I'm getting my first handgun and my dad wants me to get a smaller caliber such as a .22 or a .32, but he could probably be convinced to get a 9mm. He also would rather it be a revolver as apposed to a pistol. I have looked at the Walther P22 and like it, but my dad has a hard time gripping it. I would, if I got a pistol instead of a revolver, rather a center fire, not a rim fire, but rim fires are fine. So, what gun would some of y'all suggest? My price range is under $500.


Well this can take awhile. A long time ago (1800's) The south instituted the first firearm control laws to keep guns out of the hands of slaves, and former slaves so they could not "rise up against their masters". This succeeded in doing just that. Than in the 1925 Ossian Sweet, a black doctor moved to detroit into a white neighborhood. A mob gathered outside his house and was determined to drive them out. Well there were 11 people in the house and six of em had guns. They opened fire after the mob started attacking the house. 1 was killed and 1 was injured. When they went to court everyone though it would be a quick guilty verdict but not one but TWO all white juries found them innocent. Than none other than the KKK which is completely different then the kkk from today influenced the Ohio courts to pass laws creating the permit system to own firearms. Than during Prohibition there was a huge crime wave because everyone wanted to drink because in moderation, alcohols fine. This gave the gangsters huge profits, and they used this to buy the finest submachine gun ever made, the Thompson. Well back than anyone could buy a machine gun and after the Valentines day massacre where 7 people were killed with tommy guns, the government decided that submachine guns were too dangerous for the public to have. So they created a stamp system for citizens that if you wanted to buy one you had to buy a 200 stamp. Heres the kicker, they never made the stamps. Than 40 years later hippies are in full bloom and people realize that they need to keep hippies from getting guns while they're on acid. This creates the Gun control act of 1968. Great idea actually, crazy people, drug addicts, and criminals can get guns. Awesome. But the problem with this law is it created the terms "sporting purposes". This has turned into a nightmare. This can be twisted to mean anything. Anything. Your high 19 round xdm-9? Not for sporting purposes. Your ar-15? You cant have a military style rifle. Your bolt action? You don't need 5 rounds to kill a deer. Your muzzleloader? Too big for game. Your air rifle? Causes global warming. Sporting purposes are not the only intent of firearms. We all have the basic right to defend ourselves from attackers. We have the right to use deadly force in defense of our families and friends. 30 rounds too many? Tell that to the guy who was on his roof during the los angeles riots protecting his house from rioters. 50 cal too big? Tell that to people who use the barrett m82a1 while they are off duty to train for when they are called up into service. 20 rounds in a handgun too much? Tell that to the one person who has a handgun during a bank robbery. You can't own a firearm unless you are law enforcement? Tell that to the countless people every year who save not only their own but others lives when their homes are invaded and they are held at gunpoint. Moving on. I'm skipping the 1986 gun control act because it only slightly amended the previous act and banned machine guns made before 1986. Than in 1994. Oh God billy boy and al had such a fun time. The Assault weapon ban. This was stupid. The term assault weapon is stupid. Sara brady is stupid. Her followers, VERY stupid. First we will define the true meaning of assault rifle. An assault rifle is a a firearm that can be switch from semi-auto to either full assault or burst. A semi-auto is not an assault rifle. I cannot say this enough because every day I meet another person who calls an sks an assault rifle. Background information. John Hinkley jr. is out of his mind. Hes so crazy hes out of jail. John goes to see a movie with Jodie foster as a child prostitute. He finds hes a pedophile. He comes up with idea that if he kills the president Jodie foster will marry him. He goes and buys a 22 caliber revolver. Now to the silly people out there. This gun has never been on a list to be banned ever, this cartridge is pathetic and weak, but can still kill you. John goes up to Reagan, pulls out his revolver and fires he hits him as well as his press secretary James Brady. Well now Jimmy's paralyzed and Johnny goes to the mental hospital because people see just how crazy he is. Now hes out. Well now he gets his wife to tell people guns are bad. The public sees him in a chair paralyzed and falls for him. They get billy and al to pass the infamous assault weapons ban. Well pretty much anything over 10 rounds or isn't a bolt action is now illegal. One of the interesting "banned" features is none other than a barrel shroud. Well to the people who don't know a barrel shroud is what covers the barrel. It keeps your hand from getting burned. Well Carolyn McCarthy one of the leading gun control enthusiasts believes and I quote "The thing that goes up", i'm guessing a bandolier is what she meant, or a shoulder strap. Well Gun manufacturers, being gun manufacturers, know what the parts of the gun are. We than fo
found ak-47s with thumbhole stocks. Completely legal. The effect on crime? Zero. It actually is "the thing that goes up". Than the assault weapon ban ended and everyone had beers and went out and bought a rifle. Sara brady was hit by a truck and everyone lived happily ever after. Not really. After Obama won the election and announced he supported the Assault weapon ban Everyone rushed to buy everything they could from a gun store. We are still feeling this shortage. In short Liberals want to ban firearms because A) They are idiots B) They don't want blacks to have guns C) They're high D) They don't know what a gun is or E) All of the above. =D
not the BANNED at the end not controlled
im for some control to where people cannot get arms if they are criminals insane or other wise some legeislation is actually a good thing read: his creates the Gun control act of 1968. Great idea actually, crazy people, drug addicts, and criminals can get guns. Awesome. meant to say can't
This is the key of my argument We all have the basic right to defend ourselves from attackers. We have the right to use deadly force in defense of our families and friends. 30 rounds too many? Tell that to the guy who was on his roof during the los angeles riots protecting his house from rioters. 50 cal too big? Tell that to people who use the barrett m82a1 while they are off duty to train for when they are called up into service. 20 rounds in a handgun too much? Tell that to the one person who has a handgun during a bank robbery. You can't own a firearm unless you are law enforcement? Tell that to the countless people every year who save not only their own but others lives when their homes are invaded and they are held at gunpoint.


Ok, let's say I want to build a small arsenal for survival. I've already got the handguns covered. But I'm definitely weak in the shotgun and rifle department. For those I only have a semi-auto 22 LR rifle.

So I figure I need to add a shotgun and bigger caliber rifle, where each can hopefully do double duty of self-defense and hunting. Those are the recommendations I'm seeking.

I've seen a Mossberg 12 ga pump shotgun on sale with a shorter and longer barrel included. Would that be a good one for the shotgun?

As for the more powerful rifles, I'm lost.
I don't necessarily want a hi-powered rifle. Just one suitable to do double duty for self-defense and maybe a deer sized animal or smaller should I need to.


okay, so i am turning 16 soon, and i am looking at getting a .22 caliber handgun. my dad will get it for me for me to "own".and possess. it wont be my holster gun, that resides with my CZ 75B. but for maybe a "back up" or something, or just a target handgun, i want to know what is viewed as some of the best. i have looked at browning, cz, walther, ruger, and a few others. which would be the best functioning and most reliable? and can you tell me what the cost is? and can you give me the link please? also....(i know a lot of Q's) i would like to know if you have any other suggestions for a .22 pistol?
thanks a ton!
my dad will buy it for me, hence birthday and present. he can give it to me legally in Idaho with his consent, and a signed document. and i still live in the house so it is perfectly legal.
carytop
i just like shooting out at the range.
i also enjoy girls and cars and other guy stuff
shooting out at the range is just a fun hobby. there is nothing scary about it at all. just answer the question please and not some smart dumb remark. thank you.


Today a student at my highschool wore a tench coat to school and rumors went around that he had a 22 gag shotgun and a knife. Sure enough are resource officer approach him and he had all the inside is coat.

Then a lady at another highschool about 20 mins from me she was 61 she brought a .38-caliber handgun to her sons school.
Our resource officer*
Gah I meant to say

Sure enough our resource officer searched him and all those items were found on him.


The Wave Nature of Matter and the Uncertainty Principle

de Broglie


Calculate the de Broglie wavelength of the bullet.


I've been looking for a quality .22 handgun to purchase. Some things that I would like are a comfortable grip something i can shoot a lot. Nice appearance and an easy option to add a suppressor. The suppressor is the only thing Im not sure about as far as picking gun that can be easily and realativly cheaply fitted with a suppressor.
Some I was looking at are a
Walther P22 Target
Sig Mosquito
Sigarms P226
A high capacity magazine would also be nice, i dont know if those models have any or not...


I can kind of understand people going bonkers over military calibers and centerfire handgun ammunition, but wouldn't the lowly .22 be the at the bottom of any list to be banned or heavily taxed?


Has to be a medium Caliber, bigger than .22 but smaller than .44, game includes squrrels and groundhog


reviews for 22 caliber handguns


i always like to use .45-.50 caliber revolvers or .45 glocks, but further than twenty-five feet i have very little control. the .357 magnum is usable, but only from less than forty feet (for me). and a .22 does nothing at all (i hunt with these guns).

how can i get control over the larger handguns, and how can i find a very heavy .357 (for enough control and enough power)?


just a quick question on .22 handguns, does a .22 such as a gun i like "Walther P22) require a permit?, or so what type of permit?
I live in massachusetts, i love guns, im just the kind of person that like some target practice at some range.


What do you think about this?

My memories of BCT at Ft. Benning | Drill Sgt (E-7) Joe B. Frick
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 12:11:18 by MindBender26
Know variations of this have been posted before, but I figure this is important for two reasons:
1. Many criminals may be emboldened for recent election results.
2. We all need a "lighten up" a tad.
DRILL SERGEANT JOE B. FRICK'S RULES FOR A GUN, KNIFE, BASEBALL BAT OR FIST FIGHT
1. Forget about knives, bats and fists. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns. Bring four times the ammunition you think you could ever need.
2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammunition is cheap - life is expensive. If you shoot inside, buckshot is your friend. A new wall is cheap - funerals are expensive
3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.
5. Move away from your attacker and go to cover. Distance is your friend. (Bulletproof cover and diagonal or lateral movement are preferred.)
6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a semi or full-automatic long gun and a friend with a long gun.
7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running. Yell "Fire!" Why "Fire"? Cops will come with the Fire Department, sirens often scare off the bad guys, or at least cause then to lose concentration and will.... and who is going to summon help if you yell "Intruder," "Glock" or "Winchester?"
9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
11. Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12. Have a plan.
13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work. "No battle plan ever survives 10 seconds past first contact with an enemy."
14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible, but remember, sheetrock walls and the like stop nothing but your pulse when bullets tear through them.
15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
16. Don't drop your guard.
17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees. Practice reloading one-handed and off-hand shooting. That's how you live if hit in your "good" side.
18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. Smiles, frowns and other facial expressions don't (In God we trust. Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.)
19. Decide NOW to always be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet if necessary, because they may want to kill you.
22. Be courteous to everyone, overly friendly to no one.
23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which starts with anything smaller than "4".
25. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel blows the powder from the flintlock of your musket." At a practice session, throw you gun into the mud, then make sure it still works. You can clean it later.
26. Practice shooting in the dark, with someone shouting at you, when out of breath, etc.
27. Regardless of whether justified or not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature.
28. The only thing you EVER say afterwards is, "He said he was going to kill me. I believed him. I'm sorry, Officer, but I'm very upset now. I can't say anything more. Please speak with my attorney."
Finally, Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
1: Never be unarmed.
2: If you have your hands, your feet, your mind and your Spirit as an American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine or Coastie, you are never unarmed.



"6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a semi or full-automatic long gun and a friend with a long gun."
6.a You may find yourself in a situation where you are armed only with a handgun.
6.b Handguns are very useful if you become involved in a fight on the way to get your long arm.







A few tactical pointers.
1) Go around corners wide, not narrow like they do on TV. Wide lets you see them before they see you, no matter where they are around the corner. Use a ruler, pencil, and piece of paper to prove this to yourself.
2) Firing a gun sideways has saved more lives than emergency rooms. It looks neat in the movies, but you do not hit your target.
3) Inside, it is far better to be prone, shooting up, than be standing up and


Ok first, I just turn 18, Im wondering which pistol is probably the best as a starter. I would like your sources if you said it yourself, perhaps your own article. I Have to tell you that I live in Canada where the US DOD Export demands we pay $750 for any gun parts; including the $15 recoil spring. As such the prices would be higher. If you NEVER shot the multi gun in the same caliber, 9mm or .45ACP version plz don't put comment.

The choice I have done research on are: (All in 40S&W)
Heckler & Koch USP (Custom Sport):---$1163
Glock 22---$750
Sig P226R---$1046
Walther P99--$1040
*Note price is not really a factor to be honest

I dislike the 1911 type of handgun to be honest, and I really do not want any Norcino brand gun. (I dont like PRC nor Product of PRC)

What I'm looking for is:
*Accuracy
*Reliability
*Durability
*Ease of maintaince and use


I was thinking of getting a handgun. I think I want a 6 inch barrel (which might be hard to keep concealed once I get my permit) because it will make me more accurate (i'm a terrible shot really). Now, I'm not sure if I would rather have a revolver because its easier to take care of and cheaper or a regular handgun. I know regular handguns are nice because they have clips and nice safeties and are easier to conceal. I think I would like a 9mm caliber because the ammo is cheap. 22 is really cheap, but not much power there you know. I wouldn't mind a bigger caliber, but that ammo is not cheap. What do you suggest?


In the movie the "Hurricane" Rubin Carter was wrongly accused for triple murder, the movie implies that his whole trial was based on flimsy evidence, a corrupt cop, and a racist jury. BUT; on wikipedia (sometimes a sketchy sorce of info. I KNOW) it stated that in Rubin's car, police found a .33 caliber shell (handgun) and a .22 caliber shell (shotgun) same weapons used in the triple murder...

Is the "shells in the car" evidence true?


I want to start reloading. I want a press that can accomodate all my calibers. I want a single(one round at a time) that can do the following calibers:
rifle:
22-250
30-30
7mm rem mag
308
30-06
243
223

handgun:
40 s&w
44mag
357 mag
327 fed mag
45 auto
10mm
9mm


I am 16 and my brother is 13. We will be hunting small game starting next years season. My dad has never hunted before and will take the classes with us as well as he interested. We want to wait until next season because the hunters ed courses are long and most are filled up so we will wait. We bought .22 caliber air rifles to improve our marksmanship in the mean time. Now, me and my brother have sparked interest in hunting, we do not know any experiences hunters, and nethier does my dad. I figure we will just go out there with what we learned from classes and see what works and what doesn't? Or maybe try meeting other hunters at the gun range ?. My dad is a very experienced shooter and has a very big collection of rifles and handguns, and alot of .22's. He just never got into hunting at all I want to hunt squirrels and maybe some sparrow. Any tips or comments would be appreciated!
I don't remember saying anything about not using what I hunt. I defintaley plan to make some squirrel burgers, I'm not gonna let em go to waste.


the wavelength equal to 3.2A�10^a?�35

Is the wave nature of matter significant for bullets?


I know that i can buy .22 cal ammo because they are used in rifles also. Basically, what i'm looking for is ammo that is used in handguns and in rifles, thus making it legal for an 18 year old to buy.

Can i buy 9MM ammo? (there are rifles that use 9MM) What other pistol calibers can i get?


I found a .22 caliber handgun in storage the other day. Other than being in need of a good cleaning, the gun is in good shape. My question is, why does the ammunition seem to have white "fuzz" on it? Obviously it's bad and I won't use it, but why the "fuzz"?


I am going to buy my first handgun but am not sure what to buy. I need to consider price, caliber, barrel length, weight, effective range, compellability and comfort.

The guns I have looked t so far are the 1911(felt great), hipoint .40, glock 22 and a .357 revolver. The 357 revolver was the only one I did not like the grip on.

I have used rifles and shot guns but never a handgun.

the calabers i am looking in to will be .22 (cheapest rounds) .40, .45 and .357


i looked up on the concealed handgun license and it says that you need to be able to shoot a .32 or higher caliber weapon, but the gun i want to carry is my walther p22. it is .22 caliber if you didn't know
i know .22 is not a good self defence caliber but i hae great aim with it and have killed a few attacking hogs with it by hitting them in the spine.


A routine traffic stop ended Tuesday with an illegal immigrant behind bars in Glenn County facing multiple drug and weapons charges.

Brazzi stopped Pedro Alcala, 28, on County Road P, south of Orland for vehicle code violations. Alcala told Brazzi he did not have a drivera��s license and was instructed to exit his vehicle.

According to sheriffa��s logs, Alcala pulled a loaded stainless steel Colt .25 pistol from his pants waistband and tossed it on the seat before getting out of his car. Alcala was then handcuffed and searched for other weapons.

Sheriffa��s Lt. Rich Warren said Alcala did not point the weapon at the deputy.

During the vehicle search, Brazzi recovered another handgun, a .22 caliber revolver, and 15.1 grams of methamphetamine. Warrena��s field tests confirmed the substance as meth.




Can someone order the most popular handgun rounds sold least effective to most effective given the following situation? (Also add any relevant information such as penetration through target and so on. I also know some are not practical at all, but I included them anyways.)

One person 10 feet away. Shot in center of body. No body armor.

List of calibers: .22 LR, .40, .45 ACP, 9mm, .357 mag, .38 spl, .380, .44 mag, .50, 10mm, 5.7mm, .45 LC, .454 Casull, .32... Add any I missed if you would like.

This may sound like a macabre question, but I am interested in the practical effectiveness of certain rounds compared to others.


I am 22 years old and looking to get my handgun license. In Texas you have to get a .32 caliber to get your license. I do not want a revolver.

I would like a good beginner gun for target practice and if need be, self defense. I want something fun to shoot on the weekends that isnt so powerful it wears me out but still packs a punch. I have experience with rifles and shotguns while hunting so I'm not scared of a little kick.

My price range is about 300-500.00.

I am not familiar with pistols and just need some help narrowing down my options to something of good quality and caliber for my needs. I would like something with a barrell of about 4-6"'s....please help me out!
The caliber must be a minimum of .32...I was wanting a larger pistol anyways but I realized I made it seem like you had to get a .32 to get a license. That is just the minimum.


I was looking at handguns a while back, and I asked the guy who worked at the gun store what was a common handgun for women to carry. He started showing me all these 22's, and small caliber guns, which are fine, but i was looking for something a little bigger, and asked how bad the kick was on a 9mm. He said that it was more than i might expect, and inquired as to what all handguns i had shot.
I replied that i had used a 45 revolver, a 1911, a 357 revolver, and a 357 snub nosed revolver.
He was all shocked, and started confirming what i had just said to my husband, like i was a kid telling stories or something. ( I was 19 at the time)
I would have thought that seeing as where he worked, he would be used to seeing women who were proficient with a wide variety of handguns.
Is this out of the ordinary?


My concerns are recoil, shooting enjoyment , and cost of ammo. I've read there is a big price difference between ammo for 9mm and .40, .45? Is this true? It's not for personal protection, I'm not worried about dropping "crackheads" with one shot. I 'm leaning toward the .40 caliber MP. How much is the ammo anyway? I currently shoot 10/22 rifles at the range and the ammo is pretty cheap.


I'm not a petite female whose never shot before (sorry but a lot of questions I've seen are asked by 'tiny' women with tiny hands and blah blah). I'm in the service and so far I've shot a M-16, .22 rifle and a 12 gage shotgun (that was so much fun). I'm looking for a handgun (and no revolvers please) that if need be I can use it inside my home and not worry about the rounds going through walls and possibly hitting neighbors (I know that at least the first wall will be damaged - duh, unless I hit the person - double duh). So I'm looking for something small that I can keep on my person (if I get a conceal to carry obviously - and I don't use purses but I might when I get a handgun) but not pathetic tiny that won't have any take down force. As for calibers...don't really care, the higher count the cheaper right for the rounds??? Haha - I plan on using it a bit on the range since I'm used to rifles. Thanks for the recommendations!
Just looking for recommendations before I head over to the store/range so I can get a better idea, do research so I know what the clerk is talking about or referring too, of course I'm going to test them out, but I really have no clue - thanks!


today is july 4th independence day, sometimes people get tired of fireworks and want to go higher. so is shooting one shot from a small caliber handgun like a .22 would make so much noise? if it is noticed and reported to law enforcement, if they do happen to know which house and where it came from, would they charge me and take me away or just give me a ticket? in texas that is.


I want to shoot 22lr at the shooting range, but also have a more powerful handgun for self defense. I know that they make conversion kits for glocks, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any other handguns that a 22 conversion kit would work on and what caliber it is.


does anyone know you you can legally shoot squirrel with a .22 caliber air rifle or with a handgun and is there any special thing that you need to have to be able to hunt with those guns? thanks and also if it helps I live in NH


If Obama is elected president, along with an increased majority in both chambers of congress, he will begin a very aggressive campaign to push his socialistic ideology on the nation. One of the first things he will accomplish is to have congress pass laws outlawing the ownership of weapons. If not all weapons (which I think he would), certainly handguns and rifles above 22 caliber. That would leave us with shotguns and squirrel guns.

So the question is, will you turn in your guns?
Loopthrower: Are you really a white racist, sexist named Loopthrower or is your avatar just a fraud.

To answer your question though, I am a female of south pacific islander decent, so assuming you meant African American, no I am not.

This is a question about weapons guys. Try to stay focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment